My review: Protectie Instinct by Katie Reus

Protective Instinct (Moon Shifter Series) - Katie Reus

A Moon Shifter Novella, this is the sixth installment of the series but it can definitely be read as a stand-alone.

After months of bickering and sexual tension so tight it could be cut with a knife,

Teresa and Ryan have finally accepted they have feelings for each other. The problem now is that dear, infuriating Ryan is adamant in keeping the relationship sex-free (up to a point, mind you) because he’s afraid he’ll make Teresa his bondmate without her full consent. Little does he know Teresa knows her mind and heart better than he does and now she can’t help but be a little resentful at him for not letting her enjoy their relationship to the fullest. Those damn shifters and their honorable intentions! It takes an outside threat for Ryan to realize he’s wasting precious time and if he doesn’t make up his mind about making Teresa his bondmate, it may be too late when he finally does.

I’ve loved this series since I started it reading but I will admit that this one, albeit a novella felt and fell short. I mean, I still like it but the romance felt strained. Perhaps it’s because I’ve been following the story of these two and I expected a lot more from them and then when we finally get here it was too simple; it was over too soon. They both loved each other but the fact that he kept pushing her away drove me insane! I just kept thinking what is he waiting for?! And the fact that he was an “empath shifter” should have actually help him understand her better, not the other way around. The great thing about this world is that is always a pleasure coming back and the fact that I know who the next couple in the series is made it all the better. 3 ½ stars.

*** I received a copy of this story in exchange for an honest review ***

Buy Links:

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Protective-Instinct-Moon-Shifter-Series-ebook/dp/B00VGOPWKM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/protective-instinct-katie-reus/1121818370?ean=2940151469098

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/protective-instinct/id990205546?mt=11

kobo: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/protective-instinct

Protective Instinct

by Katie Reus (@katiereus

Book Description:

A woman worth fighting for…

Wolf shifter Teresa is blown away by her packmate Ryan’s honesty about his past and his rare empathic powers. She wants him in her bed—and her life. The only problem: Ryan insists they wait, because the last thing he wants is to recreate the hellish family he grew up in. Frustrated, Teresa jumps at the chance to assist a packmate off the ranch—far away from Ryan.

On the way, their vehicle is run off the road—and it wasn’t an accident. Ryan rushes to Teresa’s side, determined to protect her. But there’s a dangerous enemy lurking in the shadows, and if Ryan doesn’t break out of his old thinking and put his faith in his and Teresa’s love—and their ability to overcome obstacles together—it will be too late.

Length: 28,000 words
Author note: This novella is part of the Moon Shifter Series, but can be read as a stand-alone.

Moon Shifter series: