My Review: Virtue and Valor: Highland Heather Romancing a Scot Series #2

Virtue and Valor: Highland Heather Romancing a Scot Series #2 - Collette Cameron

by Collette Cameron (@Collette_Author)

The story is fast paced and has its funny moments. Yancy, our hero, although hasn’t confessed his intentions to anyone, has every intention of settling and has his eyes set upon a certain someone. Isobel has always been attracted to him (there are no mentions of any other suitors in this book or that she believes other men only want her for her beauty so I’m not sure why the blurb even mentions it) but when a lie about him reaches her ears she decides to go back home.

Meanwhile in Scotland, there is unrest among some clans and Yancy is sent to try to resolve it as a War Office representative and he sees it as an opportunity to win Isobel back, or at least try to figure out why she started avoiding him.

I read the first one and immediately fell in love with that one but this one not so much. There are a few things that made me chuckle in disbelief or just plain made me go “huh?” I could go in detail as to what exactly that was but I don’t want to give any spoilers so I’ll leave it at that. I also had a hard time keeping track on the many characters and their purpose in the story, not to mention the relationship between them all. All in all an ok story but unfortunately that was just it for me.

** I was gifted a copy of this story in exchange for an honest review.