Review for Out of Place by Shona Husk

Out Of Place (Face the Music Book 2) - Shona Husk

Although I sometimes read contemporary it’s not my bread and butter however Shona Husk’s Shadowlands series is one of my favorites so I decided to give this one a try. I haven’t read the first one in this series (Out of Rhythm) but after reading Out of Place I may just have to read it.
I’ve read other series about rock bands; those were about the behind the scenes lifestyle for the main characters as rock stars. This was more about the life of musicians trying to live up to success of their first album and now trying to come up with another good second album while still juggling with a normal life with its everyday struggles.
Ed Vince falls for a non-groupie who is unsure of starting a relationship because of his lifestyle, however she thinks he may be the break she needs from the life she’s been leading since a terrible car accident that’s left her scarred both inside and outside. It’s the whole trying to find a middle ground for them both that makes the story believable and endearing, especially when so many factors need to be taken in consideration, like career, family and friends. I also thought that the story was on point with all of the characters and their storylines and they all gave us a glimpse of what was coming on coming books.

** I was gifted a copy of this book by the author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review **

Buy Links:

Amazon: http://amzn.to/1KUb1Ny

Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1gvcKL9

Kobo: http://bit.ly/1FjFGBu

iBooks: http://apple.co/1F59xxR

Book Description:

Every band is desperate for that first big break – but what happens after that?

Ed Vincent, front man of Selling the Sun, has a really bad case of second album jitters. Nothing he writes measures up to the expectations placed on him after the success of the first album. The tensions between band members are rising and everything seems to be falling apart just as they get started. Perhaps it wasn’t meant to be: not every band gets to write their name on the pages of history. But the band has always been Ed’s dream, and if Ed gives up, will he have any dreams left?

Chasing dreams is something that other people do. Olivia Doyle put her life on hold after a car accident killed her fiancé and nearly claimed her life. Now with a three-year-old son and a part-time job, she knows she is stuck in a rut, but has no idea how to climb out. Then she meets Ed.

He can’t have the distraction of a relationship, and she has no time for anything casual. On the surface, they’re in completely different places, but love has a way of finding middle ground