Scrape by Erin Kellison... Amazing ending to an amazing series

Scrape: Reveler Series 8 - Erin Kellison

I knew that once I started reading the final installment of her Reveler series I wouldn’t be able to put it down and I wasn’t wrong. We finally get to know what the Sandman is and where he comes from. All the questions about what the nightmares are and where they come from are answered as well and we even get to find out what happens if all the walls of our guarded dreams came down. Erin Kellison is an amazing storyteller.

Last time the story left me a bit bewildered because one of the main characters was lost Darkside and another possibly dead so I didn’t know where the arc was going to go from there. Scrape ties all the knots carefully and leaves nothing unsettled. I didn’t think I had a favorite couple but here I was able to recognize I do and was oh, so very happy everything was going to work out for them – or sort of. The whole series from beginning to end transported me the Reveler world and made me envision a place as if I was watching a movie right there on my e-device.

If I have any cavils is that I feel the climax and the resolutions to all their conundrums were solved too swift too fast. In a way I feel I shouldn’t have any but I suppose I’m too greedy and I wanted more out of it. Also, not much of a HEA but a HFN, which in a way gives me hope that Kellison will surprise us with more of these characters in the future (wishful thinking).

So, the “preciousness” (that’s because it’s become my precious) of this story is that even though it’s the final installment it leaves the door open for more. And I DO WANT MORE! I sure hope that we get to see more of this world and all it entails. 4 stars.

** I received a copy of this story from the author in exchange for an honest review **

DARKNESS FALLS, the first book in the series is still FREE.

SCRAPE buy Links:

Amazon: http://amzn.to/1NP7xuI

Nook: http://bit.ly/1PxTt7Q

Kobo: http://bit.ly/1NC8WGo

iBooks: http://apple.co/1jeAG7x

Book overview:

The last battle will be a nightmare…

The Sandman has broken through to the waking world, bringing with Him a monster of a storm. Mirren Lambert and Vince Blackman set out to force him back into his own realm, while Malcolm Rook and Jordan  Lane are cornered by an old enemy intent on revenge. They learn that there are no rules when fighting for the ones you love.

In the midst of the chaos, Harlen Fawkes is charged with finding a way to make dreaming safe again. As nightmares lurk in the fringes, waiting to attack, he is driven to a bold decision that will change the world Darkside forever. All the while, his heart is with Sera–will the love of his life ever wake again?

Steve Coll must come to grips with his altered nature. His passion for Maisie Lane transcends the darkness, and he becomes both a fearsome nightmare and the hero humanity so desperately needs. Armed with hope and love, he strikes out to defeat a powerful god. But will it be enough? Or has dreaming just become too dangerous?

Scrape is the eighth and final installment in the Reveler serial, a hot paranormal romance set in a world where shared dreaming is a new pop culture phenomenon that allows people to indulge their wildest fantasies. But there are also unknown dangers Darkside; nightmares are slowly infiltrating not only dreams, but the waking world as well. And behind them all is a shadowy entity called the Sandman.

Revel with me.