When the teacher becomes the apprentice...

Bold Seduction - Karyn Gerrard

Bold Seduction by Karyn Gerrard

Twitter handle: @KarynGerrard

This sensual tale was engaging, interesting, and even funny from start to finish. That special twist where the damsel is the one doing the seduction and the man was the first thing that caught my attention and I’m really glad it did.

Spencer has some sort of emotional issues that originated in his childhood. He was some kind of introverted and shy child, preferring books and time alone over the company of others. Kids his age saw this as an opportunity for bullying poor Spencer and that only made him more reclusive and more peculiar in the eyes of society. As he grew older and he continued being casted off by others, he submerged more and more into his own world, apart from social events, people, even his own family and the few friends he managed to make. Eventually he became a hermit and left all of society by secluding himself in a lonely place.
Philomena had a tragic past but decided to face it with as much dignity as possibly as she could manage. Once she was able to, she became mistress of her own brothel and thought she was as happy as she could ever be but deep in her heart she knew she was missing something. However when she was approached by Spencer’s friends with the prospective of ending Spencer’s self-imposed exile she saw it as an opportunity to add a little bit of excitement to her monotonous life. When she and Spencer meet, sparks fly of course and they give each other what they need, teaching each other a life lesson they will never forget.

The chemistry between the two was amazing and despite the fact there is a mistress and a novice in the mix there is plenty of emotional build up. I loved the fact that Philomena knew her craft so well that she knew there was no need to be overexposed, as if she knew her power came from within. Confidence is sexy! Granted, she also knew how to work her looks to her advantage, but she was after all, doing her job. Spencer was such a sweet-heart and I could see why he turned out the way he was after learning more about him.

I’ve said this before but I’ll say it again, it’s all about the romance. The fact that this story revolved completely around the main couple and there was no foreign force or outside enemy trying to thwart their happiness but rather it was about their own inner struggles and how they each managed to overcome what was keeping them apart made this story a must-read for me. I’d love to know more about the couple and since this is just the first of a series I know we’ll be hearing from them soon enough.

** I was gifted a copy of this story in exchange for an honest review **