A Covert Affair (Deadly Ops #5) by Katie Reus

A Covert Affair - Katie Reus

Riveting story that pulls the reader right into the action from page one.

Nathan is in the middle of a terrorist attack and just when he thinks he’s about to die all he can think about is the one person he gave his heart long ago and wishes he could see her at least one more time. Amelia has tried to live a normal life as best she can since she parted ways with the love of her life but how can anyone forget someone like Nathan?
I’ll be honest and say second-chance trope stories are not my favorite ones but it’s like Katie Reus knows how and where exactly to hit that nail on the head to make it go straight through and I just can’t help but love the end result.

After a long separation, Nathan and Amelia meet again by chance, while Nathan is undercover and researching Amelia’s new beau, who may be involved in a red of human trafficking. Amelia, much to Nathan’s reluctance, gets involved in the undercover operation and since she’s no damsel in distress does an outstanding job and gets more than what she bargains for.
Their relationship is steamy and there really is not much build up or romance but that really wasn’t needed because there was a past between them. It is made known from the start how much these two care for one another so their love never feels rushed or forced.

I’ve loved this series from the beginning and what I’ve liked the most is that the heroes are not overbearing or overprotective; the characters feel very real, emotional, and intriguing; and each of the installments feel congruent with one another.

I was gifted a copy of this story in exchange for an honest review