Blog Tour and Review: Sins Against the Sea by Nina Mason

“If the merfolk were real, imagine how they might feel about the way we humans treat the ocean. That was my premise for Sins Against the Sea, a story deeply steeped in the mythology and folklore of the Scottish isles.” --Nina Mason, author

Title: Sins Against the Sea

Author: Nina Mason

Genre: Paranormal Romance/Mythology

Heat Level: Moderately steamy

Format: Kindle and Paperback

My review:

I'll start by saying all of Nina Mason's characters are complex and fun to read. There is not a single one I haven't liked as of yet.
Cuan and Cordelia meet after some horrible oil spill that may destroy more than they both care about. They are sort of natural enemies but that doesn't stop them from developing feelings for each other. And the tension! -yep, that's another thing Nina knows how to develop very well. And though it wasn't insta-love, it wasn't insta-lust either, it was more like insta-chemistry; it was more of a need to feel, to be loved and love the right person -or being in this case. They both were coming from different places and they both met each other's needs. It was a good combination.
I also liked the fantasy aspect of the plot. Being the mythology lover that I am, I wasn't disappointing with all the vivid details of the story. The description of the waves, the beach, and the salty wind... I felt I just needed a fruity drink with and umbrella adornment to feel complete ;)
It was a great story and I definitely recommend it to any fantasy lover that loves sexy romances.

** I received a copy of this story in exchange for an honest review **

About the Book:

Cordelia Parker, an oil company spokeswoman, has never believed in magic, despite her late mother’s fanciful stories. Then, during an oil spill in Scotland’s mysterious Minch, her reality is shattered when she stumbles upon a merman in a hidden cave. Even more shocking, she feels the same soul-level connection to him she felt for the ocean before it claimed both her parents.

A fish out of water in his sexist culture, Cuan feels a powerful attraction to Cordelia, but, because she knows what he is, he is duty-bound to kill her. If humankind discovers the Blue Men of the Minch are real, they will destroy them the way they destroy the ocean, whose abundance belongs at once to all and none. Thus, the only way he can have a life with her is to prove she is more than she appears, trust her with his secrets, and give up his undersea world.

With so many obstacles to overcome, they will need a miracle to be together…or maybe just a splash of ancient island magic.

Here’s more about the author of Sins Against the Sea:

Nina Mason is an incurable romantic who strives to write the same kind of books she loves to read: those that entertain, edify, educate, and enlighten. She has one series out at present, Royal Pains, which follows a Scottish duke and duchess through the events of the Restoration period.

Born and raised in Southern California, Ms. Mason currently lives with her family in Woodstock, Georgia. When she isn't writing, she works as a consultant for Pure Romance, a line of relationship-enhancement products. Nina combines author readings with in-home Pure Romance parties. She also does Pure Romance parties on Facebook. For more information, email her at ninamasonauthor@gmail.com.

Nina is the author of two other series: Royal Pains, an erotic historical romp set in the Restoration era, and Knights of the Tarot, a paranormal romance/urban fantasy featuring shapeshifting faery heroes and various forms of divination.

Here’s where you can find Nina on social media:

Visit Nina's website: http://ninamasonauthor.com
Follow Nina on Facebook: http://facebook.com/ninamasonromance
Follow Nina on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ninamasonauthor

Find Nina on Goodreads: http://goodreads.com/ninamasonauthor

Subscribe to Nina's newsletter: https://vr2.verticalresponse.com/s/authorninamasonsnewsletter