The Stolen Bride by Cynthia Woolf

The Stolen Bride (Hope's Crossing) (Volume 3) - Cynthia Woolf

Lovely story about a couple trying to come to terms with the idea of being married while dealing with their own personal issues. Our heroine Bella just wants to get away from a controlling father and a marriage she doesn’t want and Alex, our hero, wants a mother for his sometimes misbehaved twins but at the same time doesn’t want to fall in love again.

The premise of the story was congruent with the times and that’s something I always appreciate from this author. She’s always accurate in her storytelling and the detailing of the setting made up for the lack of character depth that I thought missed the mark on this one.
Now, I’m not sure how I feel about the romance. There was not much of it but how could there when she was a mail-order bride? They hardly knew each other, they came from different social classes, and they thought they wanted different things. So all in all it was a perfectly accurate story but only with a smidgen of romance. 3 stars.

** I received a copy of this story from the author in exchange for an honest review **