Review: Love Thy Enemy (Red Stone Security Series #13) by Katie Reus

Love Thy Enemy (romantic suspense) (Red Stone Security Series Book 13) - Katie Reus

Sexy, suspenseful, satisfying, and everything I expected from Katie Reus!

Viktor Ivanov cannot get Dominique Castle out of his head once he takes notice of her at one of Red Stone Security events (and if you read the last book you’ll know where that takes place) and neither can he understand the hate he perceives in her eyes when she looks at him.  Dominique has tried to forget her past as much as possible and looking at Viktor has only brought back the anger and hate she’s felt for years and now because of her job she’s going to have to work with him.

This story does not pick up right after the last book in the series but rather takes place at the same time. I thought that was such a wonderful idea because all the characters from the last book are at least mentioned in this story and it became sort of a “connect the dots” for me. Besides the tie-in to the previous book we also have another couple, that of Viktor’s brother, Abram, and Lucy, the brothers’ sweet but sharp assistant.

The chemistry between each couple was smoking hot. Viktor, for all his possessiveness and controlling nature, and all the toughness he was showing on the outside, he was just a wounded man trying to do the right thing for once. And when he realized his feelings for Dominique he decided to protect her even though he thought she was too good for him. Although there were times when he went a little overboard on his protectiveness but I

I suppose that was part of his characterization and I can overlook that side of him for the sake of the story. On the other hand I liked that supposedly inexperienced Dominique always knew her own mind and sounded mature for her age.

Lucy and Abram were so adorable. Lucy was trying to avoid her boss for obvious reasons (Hello, it’s the boss!) Abram was always jealous of Lucy and Viktor’s relationship; everyone was always afraid of Viktor but Lucy always spoke her mind and to her Viktor was simply Viktor. Why couldn’t she behave the same way with him? I’m hoping we get to see more about this couple in the future, even if they get to share a book with another couple again.

All in all it was a great read and although I said this story is sort of a tie-in it can definitely be read as a stand alone as any of the other books in the series and I recommend it to anyone that likes romantic suspense.

*** I was gifted a copy of this story in exchange for an honest review ***