Worth reading!

I am in despair

Reblogged from Moonlight Reader:

I was born in the turbulent sixties, grew up in the disco seventies, came of age in the glittery eighties, had children and became a real grown up in the grunge nineties.

Never ever did I ever think that what is happening in my country could happen.

This is a picture of Jackson Pearce:

Jackson Pearce

Young. White. Unthreatening.

Today, Jackson Pearce went to the Trump rally in Atlanta where, sitting quietly, she watched the protestors being escorted out one at a time. She gave one set of protestors, apparently, the Hunger Games salute.

the hunger games hand salute jennifer lawrence

After this happened, she, too, was escorted out of the rally. You can further information on her twitter feed, @Jacksonpearce. A reporter for the Guardian wrote a piece about it, which is absolutely worth reading, and which you will find here:

Donald Trump Speaks to Shrunken Atlanta Crowd as Poll Numbers Drop

In America, the land of the free and the home of the brave, one of the major party candidates runs his rallies like the McCarthy hearings, asking supporters to inform on other Americans who are sitting quietly and non-disruptively, and then removing them. Imagine what it would've been like for her if she hadn't been young, pretty, white and unthreatening.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wearing a suit, speak like a thug, and be named Donald Trump.

This is unAmerican.