Review: Portrait of Passion by Lynne Barron

Portrait of Passion (Idyllwild Book 1) - Lynne Barron

This is my first story by the author and I’m oh, so happy I got the chance to read it. It was passionate, sweet, raw, and steamy, all beautifully combined into a seamlessly concoction of a satisfying love tale.

Our heroine had a flair for honesty and forwardness that was deemed as brazen by the ton but in my eyes she simply sounded fresh and candid. I’ve read other heroines that had to be portrayed as heedless and bossy in order to sound strong but that was not the case here. Beatrice was strong-minded, resolute, and a bit ahead of her time but never sounded annoying. That’s always a plus in my book.

Simon, was also a strong character and the chemistry between the two was off the charts. At the beginning he’s skeptical of Beatrice’s motives to have approached his family and well into the story he goes as far as believing what they say about her but once he uncovers the truth, her past, and her true motives, he realizes how much he loves her and does everything within his power to make her stay with him.

The heart of the story is of course the romance and the connection between the main characters but there is also a mystery to be unraveled that had me connecting the dots and guessing until the end.

The author Lynne Barron is now an auto-buy and I will definitely continue reading the other books in the series.

** I was gifted a copy of this book by the author in exchange for an hones review **