The Governess and the Beast (Blind Cupid #2) by Karyn Gerrard)

The Governess and the Beast (Blind Cupid Series Book 2) - Karyn Gerrard

*** WARNING ** WARNING ** WARNING ***

Just a heads up: this is most definitely an 18+ read so if this is not your thing you may just want to skip the whole thing, even the review :)

The Governess and the Beast is the second installment in the Blind Cupid series but it can definitely be read as a stand alone.
It tells the story of a man scarred by war, not only outside but inside as well. Apparently everything had been given to him in a silver plate up until the terrible accident that caused his disfigurement and after that he felt he had lost all that he was. The, ahem, governess had scars of her own. When they meet, she was escaping from a torrid past and hoping to start a new life, she answered his ad. What she didn’t expect was to find a solitary man who would help her face her own demons and appreciate her own need for love.
It was a fantastic short, erotic read with well-developed characters that kept me turning the pages, enthralled by the connection that the author managed to knit between Lila and Simon. Sure, the steaming sex scenes were well-written but sometimes those don’t work unless there is something else beyond the sex and I’m glad to say this story delivered that “something” else for me.

** I received a copy of this story in exchange for an honest review **