THE EARL by Katherine Ashe Book Tour (Review and Giveaway!)

theearl_tour

PRINT:

Books-a-Million: http://bit.ly/2evsnCz
Book Depository: http://bit.ly/2evXhMJ

the-earl-cover

Synopsis: How does a bookish lady bring an arrogant lord to his knees? Entice him to Scotland, strip him of titles and riches, and make him prove what sort of man he truly is.

Opposites…

Handsome, wealthy, and sublimely confident, Colin Gray, the new Earl of Egremoor, has vowed to unmask the rabble-rousing pamphleteer, Lady Justice, the thorn in England’s paw. And he’ll stop at nothing.

Attract.

Smart, big-hearted, and passionately dedicated to her work, Lady Justice longs to teach her nemesis a lesson in humility. But her sister is missing, and a perilous journey with her archrival into unknown territory just might turn fierce enemies into lovers.

goodreads-badge-add-38px

the-earl-teaser-2

My Review:

Colin and Emily haven’t been friends in years. Each had a particular cause to be distant from the other, both reticent to make amends. However when Emily’s sister goes missing she seeks out the help from the only person she knows will be able to help her and stop at nothing until her sister is found.

I will admit this was not the story I expected but it was enjoyable nonetheless. Our hero and heroine embarked on an adventure that took us all the way to Northern Scotland and the vivid images of the landscapes made me feel as if I was part of the story itself.

As far as the romance, it started off a bit slow but once the pace picked up it was oh, so good!  At first, Emily sounded prickly and erratic in her moods, and for the better part of the first half she showed prejudice and was disdainful to all men and those in high positions, including Colin. As the story progressed and they spent more time together, they became friendlier to each other but she was still having those whiplash mood-swings. Colin described her best when she called her “frosty one moment, warm the next.”

In the end, Emily was able prove she was able to change for the right reasons and give her love freely to the man she loved, and Colin proved to be a man worthy of such love. My only cavil was that it took the whole book for them to come to terms with their emotions and past dilemmas in order to find happiness in each other. At any rate, I totally recommend this read to any romance lover because the plot and voice of the author alone was enough to keep me turning the pages.

DON'T MISS THE ROGUE, BOOK #1 IN

Amazon Print: http://amzn.to/2eUoDPq
Books-a-Million: http://bit.ly/2ebSorW
Book Depository: http://bit.ly/2evpwK5

the-rogue-1-cover

Synopsis: Lady Constance Read is independent, beautiful, and in need of a husband—now. The last man on earth she wants is the rogue who broke her heart six years ago, never mind that his kisses are scorching hot… Evan Saint-André Sterling is rich, scarred, and finished with women—forever. He’s not about to lose his head over the bewitching beauty who once turned his life upside down. But Constance needs a warrior, and Saint is the perfect man for the job. Only as a married woman can she penetrate Scotland’s most notorious secret society and bring a diabolical duke to justice. When Constance and Saint become allies—and passionate lovers—he’ll risk everything to protect the only woman he has ever loved.

goodreads-badge-add-38px

the-rogue-teaser-1

ABOUT USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR KATHARINE ASHE

katharine-ashe

Katharine Ashe is the award-winning author of historical romances that reviewers call “intensely lush” and “sensationally intelligent,” including How to Be a Proper Lady, an Amazon Editors’ Choice for the 10 Best Books of the Year in Romance, and My Lady, My Lord and How to Marry a Highlander, 2015 and 2014 finalists for the prestigious RITA® Award of the Romance Writers of America. Her books are recommended by Publishers Weekly, Women’s World Magazine, Booklist, Library Journal, Kirkus Reviews, Barnes & Noble, and many others, and translated into languages across the world.

Katharine lives in the wonderfully warm Southeast with her beloved husband, son, dog, and a garden she likes to call romantic rather than unkempt. A professor of European History, she writes fiction because she thinks modern readers deserve grand adventures and breathtaking sensuality too. For more about Katharine’s books, please visit www.KatharineAshe.com or write to her at PO Box 51702, Durham, NC 27717.

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | Newsletter | Goodreads | Amazon Author Profile

ENTER THE GIVEAWAY