Running From The Past by Katie Reus

Running From the Past - Katie Reus

Reviewing the audio format narrated by Sophie Eastlake.

Emma witnessed a murder and runs away. Caleb may not know who she is but something in his gut tells him he can trust the beauty and decides to give her a job as a cook in his ranch. As much as they try to keep hidden how attracted they are to each other they give in and you can imagine what happens next.

I've always liked Sophie Eastlake narrating style and this was no exception. There was a particular character, Robert, who was Caleb’s friend and supposedly from the south and I thought Sophie nailed that accent to a T.

This is quick, fast-paced story with a good dose of spice, suspense, and great characters. Although I'm not much of a fan of stories where the main couple rush into a relationship this author made it work for Caleb and Emma. I think it was because Caleb was not the usual possessive alpha male but instead showed signs of hesitancy and uncertainty when it came to Emma. I thought that was sweet and cute. Romance aside, the story was gripping and gratifying. I only wish it would have been longer with a more climactic ending.

*** I received this book from the author at no cost to me and I volunteered to read it; this is my honest opinion and given without any influence by the author or publisher.***