Manga Classics: The Count of Monte Cristo (Manga Classics) by Crystal S. Chan (Story Adaptation), Alexandre Dumas, Nokman Poon (Art by)

Count Of Monte Cristo Manga Classics - Alexandre Dumas

This is my first attempt at reading the classic and I was really excited at the chance of reading this adaption. Unfortunately it did not meet my expectations.
The cover is spectacular and it caught my eye right away. The artwork was lovely and it pretty much covered all my requisites for manga, but when it came to the actual adaption of the story… sorry but no.
The narrative is hard to follow and there were so many characters in the first few chapters that were introduced without proper explanation that I wasn’t able to tell them apart or tell where the heck they had come from. I usually read a book before I gift it to my younger peers to make sure they will be able to understand it, and being that I had a hard time following this one I sincerely think it’s not something I will be giving away any time soon, at least not to anyone that hasn’t had a crash course on the classics.

** I received this book via Netgalley at no cost to me and I volunteered to read it; this is my honest opinion and given without any influence by the author or publisher.***