ARC review: The Risk of Rogues (The Sinful Suitors, #5.5) by Sabrina Jeffries

The Risk of Rogues - Sabrina Jeffries

The Risk of Rogues - Sabrina Jeffries

Release date: July 2nd, 2018

Last installment in the series, this second chance story was entertaining and sweet. Anne and Hart were young and very much in love when they decided to take the next step. Unfortunately life happened and they had to part ways before that came to fruition. Now that they’ve met again and Anne’s circumstances are different, it’s up to Hart to prove to her he’s the man she deserves and not just the woman he needs.
To tell the truth, I wasn’t expecting such a short read as the last of the series but even so it was still enjoyable. I particularly liked the fact that both Anne and Hart were well-defined characters and I as a reader was able to connect with them and understand their struggles. Although more than struggles it was a tangle of misunderstandings and misinformation that was preventing them to reach their HEA. I don’t want to give anything away but I had an issue with Hart though. In his attempt to regain Anne’s love, he was willing to trap her into marriage by seducing her. That might be something we see a lot in historicals because it actually tended to happen quite often but it still sounds wrong in my book, historical or not. I know, I know, I’m too modern for my own good but that’s the way I prefer my stories, or not, as is the case here. Overall a good read that most people will be able to tackle in one evening.
As a side note, that cover is so pretty and I think it’s the perfection depiction of our heroine. I just loved it!

**I received this book at no cost to me and I volunteered to read it; this is my honest opinion and given without any influence by the author or publisher**